Bio Rad Student Scholarships & Teacher Grant
Student deadline March 17.
Teacher deadline April 15
Bio-Rad has student scholarships for seniors – multiple at $1500 and one at $3000. Deadline Mar 17.
To be eligible for a scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a graduating, college-bound senior from a high school within a 50-mile radius of Bio-Rad’s corporate offices in Hercules, CA
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Have already been accepted to a 2- or 4-year college at the time scholarships are awarded in April of each year
Link to application: http://www.bio-rad.com/webroot/web/pdf/corporate/literature/2017scienceandengineeringscholarshipaplication.pdf Also has Teacher Grant program
Grant Timeline and Deadlines
- Teachers may apply for grants of up to $5,000; this amount may be cash, Bio-Rad products, or combination of the two (cash and Bio-Rad products).
- The deadline for applications is April 15 (applications must be postmarked on or before April 15).
- Applicants who have been selected to receive a grant will be notifi ed by May 31.
- Funds are distributed in the fall of the same year the application was submitted.**
Eligibility of the Bio-Rad Science Teacher Grants
- Only public schools (and organizations) are eligible for the grants; the school must be located within a 50 mile radius of Bio-Rad’s headquarters in Hercules, California.
- Only one grant will be awarded per school, per year.
- The grants may not be used toward general operations of a school, school maintenance, capital projects, endowments, conferences, independent study, fundraising events (or similar activities), salaries, textbooks, fi eld trips, research, or for any type of religious or political causes.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, disability, or religion are not eligible for the grants.